House Of Phreedah Empire Is My Success Story—Farida Sobowale

Located on the busy Akerele road, Surulere Lagos, this gigantic building accommodates all things that have to do with dermatology and what makes your skin beautiful. Popularly known as House of Phreedah, it has become a go-to for all skin concerns and skincare. Managing this successful business is Skincare/Beauty expert, Farida Sobowale. Today, June 6, 2021, she opens the ultra-modern Spa and Beauty Palour to clients. Remember her? Farida Sobowale is the beauty expert whose video of instant whitening procedure on a client went viral on social media in 2019. Bold, beautiful and brilliant, she narrates her success story in this interview
Owambevibes: Congratulations on the new headquarters of the House of Phreedah Empire. Thank you.
Owambevibes: When did you decide to start the skincare business?
That was in 2012. Owambevibes: What pushed you into doing a business such as skincare/beauty supplies? Well, let me start by saying that I have always had a passion for ladies to look good. Looking good and bringing out beauty in ladies has always been what gives me a push. In 2012, a friend, who has turned a sister, identified this zeal and passion in me. She then insisted that I develop my potential. Then, I didn’t take it seriously and never thought it was something I would do; But then, we shouldn’t forget the place of destiny—if God wanted it that way, who am I to say no? Destiny can never be changed. Meanwhile, since I started in 2012 there was no turning back. I found myself consumed with this passion and the business. I started taking up a lot trainings and researches to update skills. But the business is not as easy as people think. There are some challenges which would definitely be overcome. Here are we today and I thank God.
Owambevibes: How have you coped with the challenges of a skincare business in Nigeria?
First, I don’t give up on any challenge, no matter how tough. That’s my kind of person and it has made me a very strong personality. Since I know I’m doing something that I have passion for, there is an inbuilt capacity to face and surmount challenges. I never went into skincare to milk people of their income. No. Rather, I started business to restore self- esteem and boost any lady’s confidence. Owambevibes: And coping with your teeming clientele? Due to my exposure, I know customers are always right. With this ingrained in me, I treat my clients as my friends and family members. I have a listening ear to their complaints. This is because my business has to do with the skin and most women don’t joke with their skin. My phone lines are open to clients 24/7 and I am readily available and approachable both online and in the shop to attend to my clients.
Owambevibes: Most skincare experts charge exorbitant fees and the prices of many products are high? That excludes House of Phreedah. Our prices are moderate compared to the results they generate. We have to be considerate because despite the socio-economic challenge Nigeria is facing currently, many people still want to look good in their different complexion even when there is no money. That is why we ensure that our products are affordable with good quality. With all sense of modesty, I’d say we are one of the skincare experts that present consistent prices which has never affected quality and the products volume.
Owambevibes: How did you sail through the Instagram 'brouhaha' on the instant whitening video that went viral in 2019?
Owambevibes: This new building is monumental, how did you come about the funds? How many months did the construction take?
This building is called God's favour. In the Yoruba language, it is referred to as, ‘Anu ni mo ri gba.’ Really, this is a result of God's mystery plus my own sweat and hard- earned money. I have been in this business now since 2012— long enough to know how to handle social media and whatever it brings. First, note that to be successful, you must be tolerant, accept and work on constructive criticisms. I am a very determined and focused person, so I don't give room to side distractions. l learnt to develop thick skins to all the noise around me and I am always taking them with levity. I reflect, pick sensible ones that are useful and develop them and in a way that would help me to work on my imperfections. The Instagram ‘brouhaha’ and all that came along with it became the advertisement I never paid for. Honestly, that episode helped me positively rather than negatively— in life and around my businesses.

Comments

Popular Posts